Friday, December 12, 2008

Why Start a Gay Outdoor Blog?

My new river canoe is safely hung up on the back fence for winter. My fishing gear is stowed in the basement and in the shed. My tent is wrapped and returned to it's box as are my outdoor cooking gear, my hiking boots, the sleeping bag, the Coleman stove and heater. My annual fall trip to Moab was canceled because my sister was sick and in the hospital for the two months that make that place bearable, free from the scorching heat and icy weather.

There's snow off in the south heading towards my home. The TV news, last night, was warning me but I didn't believe it because, well, they've promised it so often in the last couple weeks and we only received a skiff of it in the valley. My lawn where it's shady still sports some of the white stuff but it's bound to be covered with more today.
So I'll dust off my skis finally and start thinking about going up there in the mountains to enjoy the white puffy stuff. I haven't gone yet because most of the snow is man made and isn't covering the rocks yet.

The reason I decided to start a blog about this gay man and his love of the outdoors is because a quick search of the internet showed no one else was doing it. Am I the only man of my persuasion that likes the outdoors? There must be a place for it out there. I've seen your profiles on online dating sites! Many men say you are into hiking, camping, etc. But there seems to be a lack of interesting articles, reviews of products and places to go outdoors (unless you're looking for outdoor sex! There are plenty of sites for that out there!). I write a wine blog and so now I started an outdoor blog for gay men and women. I hope you like it. I hope you'll ask me about things and comment on my blogs! I really do! I need the ego boost for one! But, seriously, I also need to know what you want to know about. What products should I check into? What places are you interested in traveling too?

No comments:

Post a Comment